PopRocks Chocolate

PopRocks Chocolate

Monday, March 1, 2010

Looking for Inspiration

I'm surrounded by information: I have about 5 books I am in some stage of reading and the infinite space of the internet is but a flip of the laptop away. I keep looking for answers, for the clarity that will shine light on the path I am to take to joy and freedom. However, the more I desire clarity and knowing and the deeper I dive into my search for information, the more I realize the answer is to sit still and inspire myself through breath. Have I done that yet? Well, i'll get to it in yoga class today. So why am I not breathing, inspiring myself right now?

Perhaps it has to do with the coffee. First caffeinated cup in 2 weeks. Perhaps it's knowing i'll be in class in an hour. Perhaps (and I suspect this is the winner) I am afraid of what i'll hear or how I will be moved. Did your mind/heart have a blip of, 'that doesn't make sense?' How can you want something and be afraid to attain it at the same time? Marianne Williamson said this: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” Sit with this for a moment. Feel into the truth of this. Yes, there are moments where we fear we are 'less than___' or we are shamed for not being ___ yet, think about something that you've always wanted. Feel it, taste it, hear it, see it. Now ask yourself, why am I not moving toward this? At some point you will feel the fear of actually attaining that which brings us pleasure and joy.

Now this concept could be a trigger for more negative feelings: shame, anger, sadness. Or, it could free us and motivate us to stop delaying and move toward joy. The choice is ours. The choice is always ours no matter how our external circumstances seem.

I hope this inspires you to move toward your joy. I hope this inspires to reach for your dreams and let your light shine brightly. Let's enjoy some adventures together as we move into our joy. inhale, exhale

No comments:

Post a Comment