PopRocks Chocolate

PopRocks Chocolate

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Gratitude

The mind creates the abyss. The heart crosses over it.
    -Sri Nisargadatta

Happy Thanks-giving Day!
I wake feeling gratitude for so many things.
For the rays of sunlight shining on the frosty hillside, for the warmth of the woodstove, for the meal I will enjoy with friends later today.  I am grateful my sister and her kids will be with our mother today. I am grateful for waking into this body that I can move and experience life through...and to my bodyworker friend yesterday who said I have a 'dynamic body' and an 'adaptable system,' even in the context of how jacked-up it was!

I am grateful for my friends, old and new, for our laughter and adventures, for accepting me as I am with all of my charms and challenges (Thank you, Corina B, for that phrase!).

I am grateful for my students, their willingness to participate in their yoga journey and for the gratitude they have expressed to me for being their teacher. I am so grateful for yoga, for the practice of connecting awareness, breathing, and non-judgment. It has allowed me to be more comfortable in my own skin, to experience the waves of life more intimately, to feel more connected and whole.
"To be intimate is to feel the silence, the space everything is happening in." -Adyashanti
I am grateful to my human heart, that it beats in my chest and drives me to be more authentic and compassionate. I am grateful that I longer fear having my heart broken again. 
And eternal gratitude for feel of the Beloved dancing in my chest.
Wisdom tells me I am nothing. 
Love tells me I am everything. 
Between the two my life flows.  
       -Sri Nisargadatta 

Blessing to everyone,
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment