PopRocks Chocolate

PopRocks Chocolate

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Swimming Pool Tsunami

The skyline of Pennsylvania's largest city Phi...Image via Wikipedia

So there I was, lazily floating around my swimming pool of familiarity...

That's as far as I got with the entry I tried to write a few weeks ago, but I love the line so i'll start again from there.

It's Sunday night. One week left in Philadelphia. One week left of all that is familiar...though, as my dear friend Barbara pointed out, “Well, you'll be the same.” (Thank you for that, Barbara!) Yes, I am so grateful I know myself. Grateful that I know how fear is triggered within, grateful to trust that joy and love are the basis of my Self beyond those fears, and grateful that I have learned mechanisms for witnessing myself move into these unknown areas. As excited as I am to be making this transition, the question still remains: Will I make it out there? Will I be a productive member of my new community? How will my relationship change?

Truth is, even if I don't make it, even if it all goes terribly wrong, I feel I still am making the right choice for me. I am following my heart big time on this, not just following the love of my life but following the vision I've had for my own life. Many people have called me courageous. I always say foolish. Some wise friend of mine recently said the difference between the two is in the outcome of the situation which cannot be known until later. Hindisght is still 20/20.

So I hope this move is a courageous one. If it turns out to be foolish, I won't mind getting a little egg on my face.

Back to packing...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment